Harrison B. Zeff
Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
121B S Roberson Street, Chapel Hill NC 27516
- Ph.D. Environmental Sciences and Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, expected 8/14
- M.S.E.E. Environmental Sciences and Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2011
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 2009
- Analyst, USDA Research Lab, State College, PA 2009
- Researcher, Tianjin University Soil Mechanics Lab, Tianjin, China, 2008
- Instructor, ENVR 890 – Matlab for Researchers, Fall 2013, UNC-CH
- Teaching Assistant, MBA 797 – Risk Management, Spring 2014, UNC-CH
- Teaching Assistant, MBA 784 – Advanced Derivatives, Fall 2013, UNC-CH
- Zeff, H.B., Herman, J.D., Kasprzyk, J.R., Reed, P.M., and Characklis, G.W. “Navigating Financial and Supply Reliability Tradeoffs in Regional Drought Portfolios,” Water Resources Research (in review).
- Zeff, H.B. and Charakclis, G.W. (2013). “Managing Water Utility Financial Risks through Third-Party Index Insurance Contracts,” Water Resources Research, 49, doi:10.1002/wrcr.20364.
- Kirsch, B. R., Characklis, G. W. and H. B. Zeff (2013). “Evaluating the Impact of Alternative Hydro-climate Scenarios on Transfer Agreements: A Practical Improvement for Generating Synthetic Streamflows,” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, 139(4), pp. 396-406, doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)WR.1943-5452.0000287.
- Zeff, H.B., Herman, J.D., Kasprzyk, J.R., Reed, P.M., and Characklis, G.W. “Navigating Financial and Supply Reliability Tradeoffs in Regional Drought Portfolios”, American Geophysical Union Annual Meeting, San Francisco, CA (2013).
- Characklis, G.W. and Zeff, H.B. “Using Derivative Contacts to Mitigate Water Utility Financial Risks”, American Geophysical Union Annual Meeting, San Franisco, CA (2012).
- Zeff, H.B. and Characklis, G.W. “Improving Water Utility Financial Stability in the Face of Extreme Weather”, Water Resource Research Institute Annual Conference, Raleigh, NC (2011).
- Veith, T., and Zeff, H.B. “Understanding SWAT Model Uncertainty Relative to Measured Results”, USDA SWAT Model Conference, Houston, TX (2009).
- Lone Mountain Fellow, Property and Environment Research Center, 2012
- Graduate Research Fellow, Property and Environment Research Center, 2011
- Schreyer Honors Scholar, Penn State University, 2005-2009